Tuesday, July 14, 2009

    In search of yoga props

    The value of props as a tool for all kind of alignment in yoga poses (Asanas) is indeniably beneficial for yoga practitioners.

    During these 2 years of yoga practice, I know I need to get myself a pair of yoga blocks especially for my jump through and back poses. Whenever I pass by any sports or yoga store, I will peek at whatever accesories they have to gear up my yoga collections. But end up, I will just walk away with empty hand, and keep on delaying on buying one.

    Until one day, my instructor recommended a shop that she usually get yoga products from, exxe.


    There are 2 outlets in Singapore, one is at Velocity and the one that I went is located at the Orchard Central. At first, I have some doubt about the stuffs with Hello Kitty cartoon on it as it would be too girlish and pinkish for me (not my kind of style though).
    But, when I first laid my eyes on the endearing light pinko Hello Kitty blocks,
    I was yelling: " Sooooooo cute! You guys are coming home with me!"




    Awwwwww..... Aren't they cute?

    The Hello Kitty performing a Upward Facing Dog pose - Urdhva Mukha Svanasana.

    Once again, it's super ccccccuuuuttteeeeee....

    They even match with my Ikea's little pinky stool! (Sorry for the messy mussy room).

    I'm so going to bring over this Nike yoga mat and HelloKitty block for my up-coming YTT, Yaaayyyyaaa!

    Now what? I need to get a yoga strap to accessorize my yoga gear.

    1 comment:

    yoga e-books said...

    Very nice props for yoga. It would be really helpful for yoga learners.